To get your Google Apps account setup, choose the Free Edition or Business Edition depending on your needs. This tutorial covers the steps for setting up a free Google Apps account.
- On the Google Apps page click on Pricing.
- Select "Start now" in the "Free" column.
- Enter your domain name and click "Submit".
- Create your login information.
- Enter details about your organization, and provide an alternate email address.
- Read through the terms and conditions, and then click "I accept! Create my account >>".
- You'll be taken to the "Setup" page.
- A yellow warning strip will alert you to the fact that you need to verify ownership of your domain. Click on "Verify now".
- Select the "Alternate methods" tab and select "Domain name provider". Select "Other" from the drop-down menu.
- A TXT record will be generated and will look something like this:
- Select the TXT record or CNAME, right-click and copy it.
- Make sure you're logged in. Click on "Domains" and then click on "Advanced Settings" next to the domain you're setting up the email for.
- Click on "Set up email for your domain" and choose the "Configure your email" option.
- Click on "Gmail (Google apps)", paste the TXT record into the field that says "Google App Set-up (CName)", and click on "Submit". Please note: Although the field says CNAME, it will work with a TXT record.
- The TXT record will be added to your DNS within 48 hours, but is usually a lot quicker.
- Once this period has elapsed, go back to your Google Apps account and click on the "Verify" button that was visible on the same page as the Google Apps TXT record you've just added to your DNS settings. Your domain will now be verified and you can start using the Google Apps mail services.
- You will be directed to a "Google Apps Setup Guide" page. You can go through it now or later to understand how Google Apps works. If you want to leave it for now and continue with setting up your email, click on "Skip this Guide".
- Back on your Google Apps Dashboard, click on "Activate email" underneath the Email link.
- The next page will be your Dashboard again. You'll see "Updating" next to your Email link and it may take up to 48 hours for Google Apps to verify your domain (usually quicker than that). If Google Apps doesn't verify your domain, you'll need to check that the settings were added correctly or you can send an email to email@example.com so that we can check it for you.
- To create email accounts, click on "Create new users" or click on the "User accounts" tab.
- Fill in the necessary info and click on "Create account". More info and steps on this link: Google Apps Help.
- Your users can access their email accounts at: http://mail.google.com/a/mysite.com with "mysite.com" being your domain name.
- You can administer your Google Apps account at: http://google.com/a/mysite.com with "mysite.com" being your domain name.
By using custom domain name(domain.com) to point to Google Hosted Apps email server in cPanel, you may refer to the step as below and change the MX record record from your cPanel.
Caution: Please do not modify the MX record if you are not sure on how to change it. You may submit a ticket in our Support Hub
Step 1: Login to your cPanel account.
Step 2: Click Mail.
Step 3: Click Modify Mail Exchanger (MX Entry). A list of your current MX records will appear.
Step 4: Click Change an MX Entry.
Step 5: In the Change MX for... filed, enter either of the list as below.
Note: Please be aware that there will be a dot(.) after the entry.
Step 6: Click Change.