How can I setup webmail to go directly to Horde, SquirrelMail or RoundCube?
Posted by Pacific Host on 04 December 2011 02:59 PM
- Login to the webmail program you prefer. You can get there by going to your-domain.com/webmail. You'll need to login using a username (which is the full email address) and password.
- Once you have logged into webmail, click on the webmail program of your choice.
- Copy the url in your address bar. It will look something like:
Note: You must replace your-domain.com with your actual domain name in the above examples.
- Once you have the URL you'll be wanting to use, login to your cPanel.
- In cPanel, setup a subdomain called something like myemail.your-domain.com (you can do this by clicking on the "subdomains" icon in cPanel). Do NOT use mail.your-domain.com as these particular subdomains are already in use on the server and attempting to use them as subdomains can result in conflicts.
- After you've setup the subdomain in your cPanel, setup a "redirect" for the subdomain (by clicking on the "subdomains" icon). You will need to setup the redirect so the subdomain goes to the URL of the webmail program of your choice.