Where can I find information on how to download and install ClientExec?
Posted by Pacific Host on 04 December 2011 04:05 PM
That is it. You should have a clean install and ready to go.
- The first step is to create a database. (You need to create a mySQL database, database username, and database password.)
- Upload the entire contents of the zip file to your server in BINARY mode.
- Apply any patches as needed.
- Change CHMOD permissions on the config.php file to 666.
- Point your browser to http://yoursite/install.php
- After the installation is complete, delete or move the install.php file
PLEASE NOTE: We do not provide installation or general support for ClientExec. Like you, we are only users of the software ourselves. To obtain support regarding ClientExec, you can either purchase a support plan with the developers directly (http://www.clientexec.com) or visit the free user-to-user support forum athttp://www.ce-talk.com. You can also view the ClientExec Knowledge Base at http://www.clientexec.com/kb/index.php.
READ the CHANGELOG.txt file
- First step in any upgrade is to backup your database. You can do so using an application like phpmyadmin which is commonly found with your hosting control panel utilities.
- NOTE: We can not stress this step enough. We can not help you easily with any issues to your data unless you have a backup before any upgrade.
- Unzip the contents of your compressed ClientExec file.
- FTP to your server, which contains the domain of your ClientExec installation.
- Remove all of your files except for:
license.php - If upgrading from 2.2.x you do not need to keep your license file
uploads/files - Do not remove this folder if you have files in your files manager
- Upload all the content files from the ClientExec zip file. Ensure that you do not overwrite config.php or license.php
- Visit http://yourceurl/install.php and click on Upgrade. Follow the steps until completion.
- Delete install.php and enjoy.
- If you see the install option available when you run the install.php script then you need to check your config.php and ensure that you didn't overwrite by mistake.
- If you are upgrading from beta 2.2.x then you do not need to keep your license.php file prior to running the upgrade.
- After you have upgraded your version of CE you can now delete your license.php file.
- After you have upgraded your version of CE make sure you remove your install.php file.
- If after upgrading you find that you have unauthorized version installed message do not stress, just follow the instructions below on obtaining a new license.
- After each upgrade go to admin->settings->3rd party invoices to ensure all plugins are synched properly